Thursday 21 August 2014

So I have Lilac Hair...

It's been a tad longer than I expected I would next blog, but it has been my Birthday just recently and I have been doing all sorts of exciting things, one of them been... dying my hair LILAC!

I have been wanting to do this for a while and finally plucked up the courage to do it, I am all about pastel colours and think due to my pale complexion these are the shades that suit me the most!

My inspirations for this colour are as below, as you can see from Kelly Osbourne and Nicole Richie's looks. They are very contrasting Lilac colours, which I like the idea of as you can play about with colours to make it the right colour for you.



How I did it....

First of all you need to purchase the Dye, now for mine I chose La'Riche Directions Semi Permanent Hair colour in the shades Lilac and Violet.

White Conditioner (Any brand as long as its white, this is used to help mix the colours together and get it the colour you would like) Mine was a £1 from a local supermarket and it smells delicious!

A Tinting brush and then a mixing bowl to mix the solution together.


I didn't have any plan when it came to mixing, apart from the first time I did it, I over did it on the conditoner and it didn't take very well at all! I think my main concern was that I didn't want a bright purple (in your face) colour. The other good thing is when you mix with conditoner the actual colour pot lasts longer, which is perfect so then you can keep costs down if you plan to keep up to it!


How it looked the night I did it.


and then the day after I styled it :)



LOVE IT!

The main problem with this type of colouring is that it doesn't last that long, this hair colour is perfect if you fancy a change for a few washes, as I am really liking this colour I will need to keep on top of it and will probably have to top up every 2 weeks! 

Any questions about all things Hair Dye, just pop in the comments below or feel free to message me on any of my social sites :)

Thank you for reading!
and see you very soon for Blog of the Day number 2!
Teri-Rochelle xo


No comments:

Post a Comment