Sunday 15 February 2015

Career Planning, Hard work is paying off.

Hello my beautiful readers,

Since my last post, I have had so many lovely messages regarding the review I did on some of the latest products that The Body Shop has introduced to their UK Stores. I am glad it’s made people more aware of what’s on offer. I will be doing more reviews on some more products from there in the upcoming weeks, so keep your eyes peeled.

I have been working on updating my blog, and making it easier to search for by changing the domain name, as you can now use www.makeupislife.co.uk to locate it, I will also be looking to revamp the page within the year! Any suggestions on what you would like to see are welcome J




THE EXCITING NEWS, regarding my application for Level 3 Media Make up, Hair and Special Effects, I had my interview at the place I wish to study last Tuesday and I am absolutely thrilled to be offered a place there, and even more happy to share below what I had to do to gain a place. Roll on September 2015!

When I first received the brief in the post, I was a little nervous because at the time, my immensely ridiculous immune system meant I was poorly again and couldn’t focus on anything. I had 2 weeks to think of ideas and practice them… (argh!)

By the second week, I started to feel a lot better, trying to fit everything in around a full time job and college was a challenge, but once I got my head around what I wanted to do, it all seemed to go to plan.

The Brief:
I had to collect images from a current fashion collection by a designer I found inspirational… I choose Alexander Mcqueen, his works always inspired me, not only that his life in general. If you aren’t already aware of how his life ended, then take a read, it’s quite heart wrenching, and makes me feel really sad that a lot of successful people lose their way when they gain so much public attention.

The Task:
Produce a Make Up and Hair plan for the collection that demonstrates creativity and a flair for fashion, then document this onto a mood board and practice the final look on either myself or a model.

The Interview:
 I didn’t know what to expect from the interview as it was 90 minutes long, it involved me and around another 20 potential student’s within a room listening to a presentation provided by the department’s tutors. To try and stand out from the others (as I really didn't know what the other struents were planning) I decided to use more 3D objects rather than just cut outs on magazines and paper. I used foam board, and a lot of colourful fabrics/art prepare for my final piece. 


I met a few lovely girls there, some of which are looking to study Level 2, I was super lucky to get on to the Level 3 course, due to never having studied art in the past and with it being more advanced, the tutor who interviewed me mentioned that with the board I created, that I would be capable of going straight onto the Level 3 course. I still feel overwhelmed, when I attended the open day I was told that they had already interviewed over 150 people for only 4 classes available (2 of which are part time, which I will need to do to fit in around work) even more of a shock was.... I wasn't expecting to be offered a place that night!!!



See below for my work! Any questions on how I did certain things, just ask! I am more than happy to help people, as much as I have received help from people who already work in the field I am so hoping I get in to.


The Inspiration (Mood board and Hair Piece created)













The Final Look:

As demonstrated by my lovely friend Paula, who was patient enough to sit and allow me to do her hair and make-up for the ideas created.

                                             





                                             


Until my next post... remember strive to be happy, and always live in your day dream.




Teri-Rochelle xo

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Looking forward to reading more about your adventures! Xx

    ReplyDelete